Explore the theme of water through word or image and submit your work for publication in our 2018 print magazine!*
Water is of major importance to all living things; in some organisms, up to 90% of their body weight comes from water. You may consider these and other questions:
- What does it mean to live in fluid bodies?
- How does water connect us?
- Has a body of water ever meant something to you?
- How does water’s changing states (rain, snow, ice, cloud, etc.) reflect your own lived experience?
- Do you swim, ski, skate, paddle, or otherwise navigate watery landscapes?
January 26, 2018
EMAIL submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org see full submission guideline here.
About the Author
* The 2018 print Issue of Black Bear Review will be featured at the River Arts Symposium: Reimagining the Columbia Across Borders on May 11-13, 2018. This event, hosted by Selkirk College and Emily Carr University of Art and Design, will bring together artists, scholars and activists to exchange ideas about creativity as means of engaging with the complexities presented by the Columbia River.